Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Yes! Its that time of year!!

Whether your a past, present, or even future FFA member you probably love and look foward to October every year! Many of you reading this (at least I hope more than one person reads my blog lol) know what i'm talking about, some of you however are still sitting there asking yourself whats so special about October, don't worry i'm going to tell you. Drum roll please.... ITS CONVENTION TIME!!! The National FFA Convention to be exact and man do wish I was back in Indy partying it up with 55,000 of my closest friends!! Yes, you read right 55,000 FFA members packed in downtown Indianapolis, Indiana and boy is it a sight to see... trust me! It is one if not the largest youth convention in the WORLD!! But than again it is the largest youth organization in country were talking about!! I remeber my first national convention like it was yesterday. The teenie tiny freshman of an FFA member sitting in Consaco feildhouse as all of the sudden the lights in the convention center dimmed as all 55,000 of us high school kids dressed in blue corduroy fell silent. Within a split second music starts, blaring so loud I could feel it in my chest. The drums beat steadily, laying a path for all the other instruments to follow, just then the screen went white. The countdown started “10, 9, 8, 7,” then finally “1.” Everyone cheered as six individuals one after another ran on stage. Each persons’ name was announced over the loudspeaker and finally the last of the six ran on the stage as the announcer said “FFA members and guests’ please welcome your 2008 – 2009 National FFA Officers!” Everyone in the audience screamed wildly. Chills ran down my spine, as finally the moment every single FFA member had been waiting for: three taps of the gavel. The President spoke, “The convention hall will come to order. We are now holding the 1st session of the 81st National FFA Convention! Madam Vice President, are all officers at their stations?” I had heard the opening ceremony dozens of times at my chapter FFA meetings, but nothing had prepared me for that moment. It was a rush I had never felt before in my life pure excitement pulsed through my body. Year after year as soon as October hit my mind screamed at the rest of my body... Yes! Its that time of year!!!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment