Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Mission or No Mission

 It seems that lately more and more the topic of a mission is brought up to me. I have always thought a mission would be awesome and when I was a senior in high school I had a couple months that I really thought and prayed about it and then bam more mistakes where made on my part and a mission was no longer a desire... But now lately I'm getting that feeling again. However I have moments that I don't feel like its the right thing and I don't know whether its me doubting my worthiness to serve or whether it is The Lord telling me that it is not the right thing to do... I wish this were easier I'm so confused and at this moment I wish The Lord worked in not so mysterious ways... However I do have about 8 months to figure it out so I guess we will see what The Lord has in store for me!! 

Till next time 
Jay 

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't commented on your blog before, but I do read it! I served a mission and I'm so glad I did, though I wasn't sure I wanted/needed to up until past my 21st b-day. You have time to make that decision, so don't stress it. It won't hurt you to prepare as if you WILL serve a mission--no harm done if you end up NOT going! Two things I will tell you: 1) Go for the right reasons--because you desire to serve the Lord, help others, and better yourself (NOT because all your friends are going or because you're not married); and 2) A mission is really hard, but really worth it. It will change your life for the better in so many aspects, such as preparing you for marriage. How many people do you know who actually regret having served a mission? Good luck with your preparations and decision making! If you ever want to talk about it, just FB or call me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I second what Lindy said. I think you'd be a totally awesome missionary, but I also don't think you have to go on a mission "to be a missionary". Remember the Primary answers: say your prayers, read your scriptures, go to church, ... Good luck with your decision!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you both!! It means a lot!!

    ReplyDelete