Monday, January 7, 2013

Moments...

Wow there is a lot on my mind tonight... Sometimes there comes a point in your life when words don't describe a moment properly or when words don't do something justice... Those moment for me occur at times when my life seems to be in shambles and I'm trying to pick my self up off the floor or at times when i least expect... They're either moment of pure joy, moments of pure pain, or moment when that is exactly what I needed to hear and feel in order to learn something... Either way these moments are perfectly tailored to fit my life situation they are without a doubt in my mind straight from God. These moments show me just how much he loves me and how unconditional that love is... Some of those moments this past week for me were driving to Gunnison for my cousins birthday and being immediately brought back to my last state convention, I was in the passenger seat of the school suburban next to my advisor who was driving, some of my best friends sat in the back and for those who know me you know how big of a deal this one drive would be. Not only was I driving to my last state convention as a high school student but it was also the drive that would bring me closer to the end of a goal I had set my freshman year of high school that goal was to become a State FFA Officer. The whole ride my mind was racing each person in the car did their best to make me feel a little less nervous about what I was about to do... The car ride was filled with laughs, review questions, serious conversations, and finished with a I'm proud of you no matter what speech from my FFA advisor and hero.... Another moment would come last night as I heard about the death of a young man I hardly knew but had been changed by. This moment made me realize that I should have reached outside my comfort zone a little more in high school because them I could have gotten to know this amazing person with the smile that light up every room he walked in and the laugh that was purely contagious and made everyone around want to live life to the fullest... The final moment describes perfectly how much our Heavenly Father knows and loves each of us and makes me great full that I have a testimony of that and that I have a testimony of answered prayers. Sometimes moments change how we look at life and those around us and those moments are the ones that can and will change our lives for the better if we let them... 

So my challenge to you is to pay more attention to the moments that have you speechless and let those moments change your life... Take a leap of faith  and fall into the moments! 

Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment