Monday, January 21, 2013

My rules for life...

So i'm driving back to school after a long weekend in Tooele and you know those drives when every song that comes on the radio is one of your favorites... well that was my drive tonight... one after another of all my all time favorite songs. Which then leads to one of the greatest songs of all time... Lee Ann Womack's I Hope You Dance... Obviously this song leads every person who listens to it to ponder on there life... so tonight as i'm doing my own pondering I start thinking of my rules of life... what is my motto for life? I think back to thing awesome idea I had when I moved up here to Logan and started school for those of you who know me i'm a HUGE ncis fan and on ncis the head boss has Rules... they are basically his way of life his motto's for lack of a better term and when I started school I thought it would be amazing if I came up with some rules for myself... rules that I could live by... so here they are inspired by NCIS and Lee Ann Womack's song I Hope You Dance as well as many other little people who I will mention by each rule... Jayden's Rules for Life...


1. Say I Love You because you never know when someone will be gone... Miss you grandpa not a day goes by!! 
2. Always ask yourself "is it the right thing to do?"
3. Respect yourself enough to walk away from anything that no longer serves you, grows you, or makes you happy (stolen from a qoute that was shared with my friend Cinda by another friend Kody) 
4. Dream HUGE cause big just isnt big enough!! 
5. Always say Thank you!
6. Forgive others... its the only way you will get through life! 
7. Be early (my first proffesor Doc. Fronske pounded this rule into my head the first week of school) 
8. Don't be scared to fall in love!! 
9. Cowgirls don't cry... enough said!  
10. Don't forget to pray!
11. Loose yourself in the service of others (inspired by my favorite qoute from Gordon B. Hinkley and my mom) 
12. Live life as it comes don't try to change it!! 
13. Change is good... repeat this as needed cause there is power in repetition (Thanks Heather)  
14. You can't do it alone... trust God let him do his job!!
15. Love is the key to life!! (my high school seminary teacher wrote this in my yearbook I have finally figured out what it means thanks Bro. L) 
16.  Don't regret... anything!! 
17. Treat others with respect even if you don't like them (also pounded into my head by Doc.)
18. Do Hard Things First (the last rule that was pounded in my head by Doc. Fronske... She is awesome!!) 
19. Sometimes Your wrong (inspired by NCIS but also because I have found this to be true more often then not) 
20. Be Yourself!!

I'm still learning new things each day and I know my list of rules will get bigger with each passing day and experience and I can't wait!!

Till next time...
Jayden 

No comments:

Post a Comment